Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wine And Beer

 There are a few firsts that I got to experience tonight:
1) I slapped a gay guy's ass

2) I learned the choreography to La Vie Boheme

3) I jumped off a table in these very perfect, very dangerous leopard heels... fell on my ass... and bruised my tailbone.

It's my own fault, really. Our table isn't sturdy at all. It's a skinny brown table with holes for my heels to fall in, and it rocks with every move I make. I shouldn't have tried the number in the boots on my first try, especially not the jumping off part. Chris warned me, and I was like "oh I'll be fineeeeee." Wrong, wrong, wrong.

The most embarrassing part of it all was that Kaleb landed fine in his heels. I'm shaming my own gender. Granted, my boots are higher and skinnier. But still. At least my fall got us the promise of a new table. You're welcome guys. 

Well, the hand motions for La Vie Boheme are perfect. I never realized how fast the motions are. And let me tell you, it's not easy to sing that fast and to get these hand motions timed right and sharp. I can only imagine how Out Tonight is going to be. Well, the song's not as fast, but there will certainly be more dancing.

Also, Kaleb and I get to have a lot of fun during our mini-duet during the song, singing, "To hand-crafted beers made in local breweries..." That's the dancing on the table, slapping his ass, jumping and falling bit. Our director Larry said that our part has a childhood games kind of feel, like we're singing "Miss Mary Mack"... only sexier. Chris laughed next to me and whispered, "Sexy children?" Yeah, a bit of an odd comparison.

I got to leave early today. They finished up with Today 4 U and Tango Maureen choreography after La Vie Boheme, so I didn't have to stay. I'm not sure what we're doing tomorrow. I'll keep you informed.

P.S. There were four dogs outside the theatre today. Where are they coming from?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I chose you to win my prestigious 1st ever Zombie-Herpes-Badger Award. Be sure to collect your accolades. http://wrenemerson.wordpress.com/2011/06/08/me-around-the-interwebs-and-the-1st-ever-zombie-herpes-badger-award/

Post a Comment