Thursday, June 9, 2011

Seasons of Love

You know that saying about getting back in the saddle? Or maybe it's getting back on the horse? Anyway, I apply whichever cliche you choose to my now apparent fear of getting back on that wobbly, sunken table in my heels that hate me. Add to this fear my impending doom of balancing on a railing on top of a scaffold. We did the choreography again last night, but I'm still a little scared to do it in my boots. At least Larry is going to help me back onto the ground... hopefully in one piece.

On another note, let's chat about my first Rent on-stage kiss. Never before have I made out with a gay guy in front of his boyfriend. It was... interesting. I mean, at least we're friends so it wasn't awkward, and also not my first stage kiss. I don't know what the deal is though, because they have me and Chris just kissing left and right and the gay couples just grab each other's butts and hug and stuff. What gives? If you're going to do RENT, do it all out.

We all hung out as a cast at Charlotte's house last night. I swear, we were like children with each other. We got huge laughs from Spencer prank calling random people that we all knew, and pretending to be a computer or Lady Gaga or a black woman from a Baptist Church. I'm glad that, for the most part, everyone seems to want to hang out with each other. Cast bonding and all.

We blocked Seasons of Love, Happy New Year A and B, and the voicemails in between. I stand between Tyler and Chris for Seasons of Love, which sounded amazing last night. Unfortunately, there are too many of us to each get our own individual spotlight. I'm not really sure what kind of lighting there's going to be, actually. All I know is that it's going to sound incredible.

I'm not sure what's on the schedule for tonight. But I took a pretty decent nap, so I'm ready and fit to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment